Monday, February 14, 2011

Loving yourself


Valentine's Day for some of us can be a glaring reminder of our healthy and robust singleness. Today I am mindful of the commandment to "Love your neighbor as yourself" and I am trying to fulfill this commandment today by intentionally showing love to myself. The extent to which we love ourselves is the extent to which we are able to love others. I know when I think about the people in my life who are the most loving and affirming, I know them also to be quietly confident and affirming towards themselves.
Whether you are single or spoken for, I invite you to join me today in showing love to yourself. We are all created in the very image of the Divine, and that is something to celebrate today and everyday! Loving your neighbor as yourself is a crucial step in creating Beloved Community. Do your part and show yourself some intentional love today!

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! Love, love, love it!!! My commissioning work is in. Sunday craziness is over. It is pamper-day And your pic is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that is what I'm talking about! great post Josh. Seeking Beloved Community -the new source for wit, humor, inspiration, and spiritual stuff by Atlanta's Beloved Public Theologian.

    ReplyDelete